Wednesday, October 28, 2009

PUMPKIN PUMPKIN PUMPKIN

Having finally found tinned pumpkin I can now begin to experiment with all the pumpkin recipes that I have. I started with of course the best possible thing to do with pumpkin, I made a Pumpkin Pie. Oh my was it was good especially when you squirt a little cream on it. Yummy yummy. I was a bit silly and forgot to take photos of the mighty pie but it was enjoyed all over the country (as I took the pie to Bristol and then finished it in The Forest of Dean. It travelled very well)


I did also make pumpkin cupcakes on a pre Halloween theme. I used my orange food colouring paste for the first time and was very impressed with it. The cakes had a pumpkin cake base and a cinnamon frosting. The cakes were a little heavy and I think would have been better with a vanilla frosting. Next time they will be perfect!!





 

No comments: