Saturday, January 30, 2010

'Err beetroot' said the barman

Tasting session was a success!! Everyone seemed to like the cakes and had a good time. I was very pleased with the turn out and a big thanks to all that came and ate cake. It is hard job I ask of my friends but they do it so well. I did recieve some initial doubt about the flavouring of the cake. Beetroot is infact a very yummy flavour for a cake. It not only adds an earthy flavour but also turns the mix pink, which is alwasy a good thing in my book. I returned home with no cakes left so it was a good night all round. My lovely helpers provided me with lots of usuful comments and ideas. I know feel confident to make a mighy cake for the Iron Cupcake competition on monday. Well I did feel confident till I baked the cakes today and they are not as good as the ones I did for the pub. BOO HOO! sadly I am too lazy to bake another 24 cakes so I will ice them with magic frosting and hope for the best. I have tasted the batch and they are yummy but just not perfect!
 
 

No comments: